Being a teen is never easy, given as it is such as rapid phase into a vastly different section of life, where new experiences and risks begin to arise in all aspects of your life. It is also the time the last set of your permanent teeth will take hold, and a reminder they must be cared for delicately so they can continue to serve you well for the rest of your life. Listed below are some keys to teenage dentistry:
– Drugs can damage your teeth, gums, and life as a teen, so avoid it at all costs.
– Avoid lip and tongue jewelry, because it poses serious oral health hazards, as it can chip and crack teeth, break off and become a choking hazard, as well as enter the skin and lead to infections and disease.
– Given the fact that smoking and chewing tobacco often first become widespread as the result of peer pressure as a teen, it is important to avoid these vices as soon as they present themselves.
– Your smile is at risk as a teen thanks to contact sports and similar high-risk activities, so always remember to use the appropriate safety gear and equipment.
– When you are in your teens, the last of your permanent adult teeth grow in, the wisdom teeth, which are notorious for growing in incorrectly and causing malocclusions to form.
Dental damage can be treated with the help of our licensed professionals at Dodge Family Dental. To book an appointment with Dr. Keith Dodge at our dentist office in Orem, Utah, please contact us at 801-225-8060. Upgrade and enhance your smile with our help and all of the services that our office has to offer.