Oral cancer is a very serious oral disease that can progress to advanced and dangerous stages if not detected quickly with an oral cancer screening. Each year, around 40,000 American adults discover they have oral cancer, and successful recovery greatly depends on the early detection of the condition. You can receive an oral cancer screening every six months at Dodge Family Dental as part of your routine dental checkup.
If you answer “yes” to the following questions about oral cancer symptoms, you may need to schedule an oral cancer screening:
– Is it hard to use your mouth to speak and eat?
– Do you feel like your teeth have shifted position in your mouth?
– Have you noticed any unexplained or strange lumps, bumps, rashes, or swelling in your mouth or throat?
– Do areas of your mouth, face, head, neck, or ears feel numb or have completely lost feeling?
– Did you recently experience significant weight loss unexpectedly?
– Does your throat often feel sore?
– Is your mouth experiencing irregular bleeding?
– Do patches of your gum tissue look deep red, white, or speckled?
Please contact Dodge Family Dental at 801-225-8060 today if you have affirmed that you are experiencing any of these signs of oral cancer. We will help you schedule an oral cancer screening with our dentist, Dr. Keith Dodge, as soon as possible so that you can begin receiving critical oral cancer treatment if needed.